[Osmf-talk] site

Tue Dec 20 11:59:01 UTC 2011

Steve Coast wrote:
> So to be clear in your comparison here, you feel there is community
> buy-in for putting company logos on OSM?

/me shrugs. Personally I think whether the attribution includes a little
logo or not is a fairly insignificant detail. I find it hard to get worked
up about the topic, and the lack of howls of outrage in the list archives
suggest that no-one else does either.

You have to trust people to make the right decisions; and accept that this
means there'll be little details that you don't like. There are things
that our other (amazing) Potlatch 2 developers have committed which aren't
necessarily "the way I'd do it", but no matter. It's more important to
empower them to do cool stuff than to bikeshed the little details.

cheers
Richard