[Osmf-talk] site

Stephan Knauss osm at stephans-server.de
Tue Dec 20 17:52:38 UTC 2011

Matt Amos writes:

> SWG could look at what is appropriate attribution to be having for 3rd
> party tile layers. if they find that attribution to commercial
> entities is unacceptable then we would have to drop a number of the
> existing tile layers.

Don't forget that we display a Bing logo in Potlatch and Josm that is a lot
bigger than that tiny mq icon.

A user who can't distinguish OSM from MQ will likely also confuse bing maps
with OSM.
"Isn't OSM that map maker project from Bing?"

So let's write down clearly what type of attribution we accept and what
not. Then apply these rules to all content that is embedded on the osm.org
website.
If we accept bing logos, why not mq? What if Andy also wants to show a logo?

Stephan