[Osmf-talk] voting feedback

Volker Schmidt voschix at gmail.com
Sat Dec 24 13:04:39 UTC 2011

Even though I am a newcomer to OSM and more recently to the OSMF I
would like to formally lodge my opinion on the logo business. I
strongly suggest that the logo remain unchanged. For one the existing
logo is not that bad, but more importantly, this logo is widely used
in various documents, web presences, merchandise, posters, pamphlets
ecc. The present logo is also fortunately no much different from its
predecessor, which is still widely used as well..
I would second the remark by Michael Kugelmann, that we need to
concentrate our forces on more important issues. Apart from the
obvious work related to handling the license change, I also see a
strong need to re-activate the OSM community and involve the newcomers
in a concentrated effort to improve the cover in those countnries
where it is very uneven (like in Italy, where I am based).

Merry Christmas to everybody

Volker

Volker Schmidt (Padova, Italy)

On 24/12/2011, Michael Kugelmann <MichaelK_OSM at gmx.de> wrote:
> Hello Steve,
>
> open letter to you (CC to OSMF.talk)
>> I've culled down the several hundred entries down to the 10 you're allowed
>> to put in a vote (you can do multiple votes).
> [...]
> I respect very much what you have done and achieved for OSM. But for me
> this action seems to be against all rationality and I ask myself whether
> this is a selfish trail you on: there are lots of comments that there is
> no need for a new logo. Please listen to the feedback that was given by
> a lot of persons in different mailing lists. And there is one unfinished
> issue that is blocking most at the moment: the unfinished licence
> change. We all should concentrate on that and join all available forces
> for it.
>
> One last comment: why don't you take the lessons learned and the slap in
> the face from the last logo change you invented just a few months ago?
>

> Merry christmas although,
> Michael.

Volker SCHMIDT
Via Vecchia 18/ter