[Osmf-talk] Review of OpenStreetMap Foundation Articles of Association from 2008

Peter Miller peter.miller at itoworld.com
Fri Mar 25 09:59:36 UTC 2011

Given that the articles of association are now being reviewed by the
Strategic Working Group I thought it would be helpful to make available the
legal advise we received on the matter in late 2008. We didn't publish this
at the time, choosing instead to forward it to the board privately to avoid
adding yet another layer of confusion to the rather fraught licensing and
trademark debates taking place at that time.

Minutes from the Strategic Working Group (meeting re Articles happening
today on irc)
http://www.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Working_Group_Minutes#Strategic_Working_Group

Our legal advice from back in 2008
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/ITO_Articles_of_Association_review_2008