[Osmf-talk] Elections: Avoid Mandate Creep

Mikel Maron mikel_maron at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 12 18:14:16 UTC 2011

JGC,

From: Jean-Guilhem Cailton <jgc at arkemie.com>

>I would add that what particularly scares me about this blog post is the
>presentation of HOT as some kind of model for governance. It seems that
>the self-satisfaction that it expresses is for example unaware of the
>missed opportunities because of that closed, self-elected (in the HOT
>case), centralized governance model. And regarding "transparency", there
>is no comparison between HOT and OpenStreetMap France, for example.
>
>Please don't spread your personal bitterness over involvement in HOT to this discussion.
Your characterization of HOT is completely wrong, and if you want to argue, let's take it to the HOT list, or offline.

I never said that HOT was perfect, or that OSMF needs to adopt its structure,
but it does a pretty good job, and provided some valuable points to consider during the Board meeting.

-Mikel