[Osmf-talk] Elections: Avoid Mandate Creep

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Sat Nov 12 18:47:21 UTC 2011

Jonathan,

On 11/12/2011 04:48 PM, Jonathan Bennett wrote:
> On this one specific issue, my opinion is that we've succeeded not when
> openstreetmap.org is used more than maps.google.com, but when
> maps.google.com uses OpenStreetMap data.

Agreed.

> "Most used" doesn't have to mean "most
> visitors to our site".

Hat tip to you for noticing that - I was concerned about goals keeping
us from doing the right thing, but now I see that unless backed up by
solid metrics this goal is so soft that reaching it is just a matter of
tasking a working group with finding one scale on which we already are
the most used map.

Maybe I didn't have to worry after all. Maybe the board was much
cleverer than I thought, and purposefully manufactured goals that can be
reached easily ;)

Bye
Frederik