[Osmf-talk] New server + fund raising drive

Harry Wood mail at harrywood.co.uk
Tue Nov 29 16:19:11 UTC 2011

The Operations Working Group have planned the purchase of a new server. To coincide with this we’re going to hold another fund raising drive. This plan is mentioned in some meeting minutes, but I thought I’d mention it here, and let you all know ahead of the general kick-off announcement. I’ve set up a wiki page with details of the fund raising, and technical details about the server:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/New_server_and_fund_raising_drive_2011

We will announce the launch of the fund-raiser on Thursday. In the meantime hold fire on announcing this yourselves, but have a think about how you might help promote the fund-raising drive when we kick it off.

(If you feel like announcing something today, the news about hitting 500,000 users, is a good one to shout about :-D )

Harry Wood
(& Communications Working Group)