[Osmf-talk] New server + fund raising drive

Harry Wood mail at harrywood.co.uk
Tue Nov 29 16:48:00 UTC 2011

Luca Deluchhi wrote:
>From Denver I remember that this year we had several sponsor and a lot
>of money in surplus, we are going to have another fund raising because
>this surplus it's not enough?

The surplus is enough but...
"
We wanted to run another fund raising drive, because last time we had a big one was back in 2009 and we were blown away by how quickly we raised the target amount. It seemed as though people were looking for an outlet for their generosity and goodwill towards the project. Since we’re looking to buy a new server, now seems like a good time to do it again.

To be clear, the foundation is not short of funds at the moment, so we're not saying "We need this money or OpenStreetMap will collapse!" . The fund raising drive and purchase of a server, will help put OpenStreetMap on a stable footing for the future, as the project popularity continues to grow.
"

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/New_server_and_fund_raising_drive_2011

Harry Wood