[Osmf-talk] should OSMF AGM include time for discussion debate?

Mon Sep 12 23:15:05 UTC 2011

Mikel Maron wrote:

> Or for select help ... for instance, the SOTM scholars were booked travel through an agent, and bookkeeping is now outsourced.

Precisely. We buy hardware from a third party, we accept payments through a third party gateway (PayPal), we host SotM at a third-party location (instead of my back garden, or the Satanic portal in Steve's basement), and so on. Where it is more efficient for OSMF to pay someone to do non-core work, via a contractual relationship, we do so and we should continue to do so.

That's not the same as saying that OSMF should right now have paid staff, which it is simply not a mature enough organisation to do.

cheers
Richard