[Osmf-talk] should OSMF AGM include time for discussion debate?

Mikel Maron mikel_maron at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 13 00:20:49 UTC 2011

> What I'm saying is: having a paid staff member can provide some
>> continuity and bearing. When you employ a paid staffer, you know that
>> at least one person can be relied upon to be on top of things. With an
>> all volunteer organization you by definition cannot.
>
>Then, if we agree on this, we might need a donation drive to support
>our finances in a solid way (i.e.: 25k GBP).
>Is this really what we're needing?

I think we could stay on top of things better if someone was there to simply organize what we should stay on top of.
Not someone in management or director staff position, but an admin kinda thing, who could to the things that are a chore, and don't require decision making

... keep notes at meetings and distribute, schedule meetings, keep the website in order, put together some simple documents, remind people of actionables.