[Osmf-talk] Question to Board Members - Taking Responsibility

Samuel Klein meta.sj at gmail.com
Sat Aug 25 15:25:27 UTC 2012

Two comments:

1. Staff need not be executive.

Please consider staff who exist to facilitate, support, and amplify the
work of the osm community.  They do not have an executive function (save to
manage their own catalyst-project and find ways to be effective faclitators)

2. Also please think of the difference between being accountable for the
end result of some work, and being directly responsible for getting it
done. Accountability often comes with the ultimate authority to apporve or
reject work, and often comes with 'trust to confirm something is done
right'.  Responsibility often comes with a firm time commitment, e.g., with
dedicated volunteers or staff who focus on little else. It comes with
'trust to do something reliably and to a standard'.

Warmly,
Sam.