[Osmf-talk] Paid Staff

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Sat Aug 25 20:26:39 UTC 2012

Am 25.08.2012 21:51, schrieb Frederik Ramm:
> ...Having staff will very likely make us dependent on sponsorship,
> whereas the small budget we have today could easily be financed
> through membership fees and the occasional donation drive.
I don't really want to participate in the staff/no-staff at this point
time since I'm not convinced that we have adequately explored a number
of other possible avenues before taking  that rather big step (for OSM
at least).

However I do want to point out that we

- are using some of our volunteers both from a time and commitent pov at
least at the level of a salaried position (well probably over that)

- for hosting we are heavily dependant on sponsorship and it would be
very very difficult to replace that at short notice

If the costs for the later actually flowed through the OSMF  the budget
would be have substantially more volume and insofar I believe our 2small
budget" is really just make believe.

Simon