[Osmf-talk] Future of DWG work, copyright, vandalism

gerdami gerdami at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 9 11:50:16 UTC 2012

Hi there,
After a few months of activity with OSM, I found that the most convivial place for discussions was http://help.openstreetmap.org.
Unfortunately, some of you think that discussions should be isolated.
Example: I once posted "Landuse=farm vs landuse=farmland"at http://help.openstreetmap.org/questions/12553/landusefarm-vs-landusefarmland-in-potatch2
it was closed immediately and I was hinted to post such discussion elsewhere.
That's what I did at https://trac.openstreetmap.org/ticket/4392   but nothing happens there. I understand that Potlach developers may be busy on something more important for them, but there is no discussion at all between mappers.
In my humble opinion, the help site, which is really user-social-friendly, could hold such discussions, perhaps by adding a new section beside questions, tags and users.
Best regards,

gerdami

PS: Le cas échéant, en raison de l'incertitude liée aux spams, merci de confirmer la bonne réception de cet email.