[Osmf-talk] Good Job!

Dair Grant dair at refnum.com
Fri Mar 9 09:24:58 UTC 2012

On 9 Mar 2012, at 08:17, Frederik Ramm wrote:

>   I just wanted to say that I am positively surprised by the latest post on blog.osmfoundation.org regarding Apple's use of our data.
>
> Reading the echoes of this in the blogosphere, OSM(F) is almost universally praised for its reaction. Communications professionals say it was a masterful stroke to say "Welcome, Apple" instead of, e.g., "Thieving bastards steal OSM data". And even those who are not in the business of manipulating opinion and who don't see a clever plan behind every communication say that our reaction was cool.

I was at a local Mac/iOS developer meet-up last night, and was curious what the reaction would be.

It was exactly the above - people who make their living in the Apple sphere, who'd never heard of OSM before, thought it was an excellent way to react.

-dair
dair at refnum.com              http://www.refnum.com/