[Osmf-talk] Fwd: [OSM-dev] NOTICE: Upcoming Emergency Maintenance / Downtime
richard at weait.com
Tue Mar 13 16:52:54 UTC 2012
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Grant Slater <openstreetmap at firefishy.com>
Date: Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 11:24 AM
Subject: [OSM-dev] NOTICE: Upcoming Emergency Maintenance / Downtime
To: Talk Openstreetmap <talk at openstreetmap.org>,
announce at openstreetmap.org, OSM Dev List <dev at openstreetmap.org>
On Tuesday 20th of March 2012 between 13:45 and 16:15 (GMT / UTC) the
primary database server will unavailable due to emergency maintenance.
The following services WILL be affected:
* www.openstreetmap.org web site will not allow user login or edits
* API and map database editing (using JOSM, Merkaartor etc.) will be
* planet.openstreetmap.org will be available but no new diffs will be
generated during the outage.
* Forum (no logins)
* trac (bug-tracker, no logins)
* help.openstreetmap.org (no logins)
Other services will NOT be affected - all of the following are
expected to function normally:
* tile serving (“View The Map” & “Export”)
* Nominatim (search)
* mailing lists
* subversion and git (source code repositories)
Technical: Database Server Smaug: Replacing faulty motherboard.
Supplier Engineer Onsite. We have contingency hardware available.
1: Maps will still be viewable on the openstreetmap.org homepage and
on other people's websites.
On behalf of the OpenStreetMap sysadmin team
dev mailing list
dev at openstreetmap.org
More information about the osmf-talk