[Osmf-talk] [OSM-talk] Esri donation to OpenStreetMap Foundation

Guttorm Flatabø post at guttormflatabo.com
Tue Mar 20 13:17:52 UTC 2012

On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 2:08 PM, Richard Weait <richard at weait.com> wrote:

> The amount, approximately, was "generous" :-)

Nice :)

> But why all the fuss?  A quick survey of previous corporate donation

Come on, I wouldn't call the comments on this list "all the fuss", but one
reason is that it is a "secret" and secrets are mostly undesirable in open,
inclusive, democratic, non-profit organizations. Anyway, I don't generally
mind amounts being undisclosed, who donates (large amounts) probably should
be disclosed though (as this time).

--
Guttorm