[Osmf-talk] OSM : It's a shame !!!

Mon May 28 20:18:06 UTC 2012

On 28/05/2012 21:02, andrzej zaborowski wrote:
> Copying and pasting is not a copyright infringement.  The Contributor
> Terms don't require that the data inserted into the database be
> compatible with ODbL -- only the current licensing terms, which still
> means CC-By-SA.

You have raised this issue 8bn times already, but as far as I can see,
most people (by which I mean, everyone apart from you) have been
remapping on the basis of ODbL-ready rather than "either ODbL or CC"-ready.

If copyright infringements are brought to DWG's notice after the
changeover occurs then I'm sure they will be happy to address them.

Returning to Gert's point, I'm sure that if a rogue user has been
misappropriating a decliner's data, and that data is brought to the
community's attention, then the community will work to fix the issue.

cheers
Richard
personal opinions only