[Osmf-talk] Proceedings from Face-to-Face Board Meeting

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Sun Nov 11 23:30:52 UTC 2012

Hi,

    as you might know, the OSMF board has met in Berlin a week ago. The
meeting was relatively low-key and we didn't make any grand plans, but
we did some valuable groundwork and agreed to a series of basic things
that will make our future work easier.

The output of the weekend is now on the Wiki for you to read:

* meeting minutes (draft):
http://www.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Board_Meeting_Minutes_2012-11-03

* an OSMF mission statement that we agreed on:
http://www.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Mission_Statement

* a set of "rules of order" for the board:
http://www.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Board_Rules_of_Order

One thing that came up several times during the meeting is that we want
to grow the OSMF membership base in order to represent the project even
more strongly; we'd really like people who are serious about OSM (in
whatever way!) to become OSMF members. Personally, until now I have told
people that they don't need to join OSMF unless they're interested in
the "nitty gritty" stuff behind the scenes; from now on, I will
encourage people to join the OSMF.

We'll work out ways to get this message across to OSMers at large, but
it would be great if you, already being OSMF members, also helped the
Foundation grow by encouraging people to join!

Bye
Frederik