[Osmf-talk] Mission statement (was: Proceedings from Face-to-Face Board Meeting)

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Thu Nov 29 22:22:51 UTC 2012

Hi,

    after the constructive feedback on this list we have decided to
change the wording of the Mission Statement slightly, by dropping the
"hijacking" phrase. The sentence now reads:

"The OpenStreetMap Foundation is there to protect the OSM data to keep
it Free and Open."

We'd like to assure everyone that these documents are not set in stone.
They are living documents, and we welcome feedback on them from our
members now and in the future.

The change was decided in our board meeting on Tuesday, for which the
draft minutes are now up on the Wiki.

Bye
Frederik
(OSMF secretary)