[Osmf-talk] a receding opportunity

Mark Iliffe mark at markiliffe.co.uk
Mon Oct 1 10:40:47 UTC 2012

Hi Oliver, et al,

> On 1 Oct 2012, at 11:28, Oliver Kühn <oliver.kuehn at skobbler.com> wrote:

> Mikel was blaming OSMF for not taking the opportunity to exploit the
> Apple disaster and pro-actively riding the media wave about the topic in
> order to promote OSM. He says that OSMF should not only be reactive and
> wait until a journalist asks for a comment.

I severely doubt that. I fully agree with Mikel that on the face of it; we have no real understanding of how OSM is used. We're at the whim of macrumours and tumblr sites. That said the board works in mysterious ways. If we have a back channel, let it continue.

I do however agree with you on seeing the CWG through the OSMF engage a media agency, however that would be a decision for the board/CWG.

Best,

Mark