[Osmf-talk] What is the OSMF?

Willi willis at gmx.de
Tue Oct 2 02:37:18 UTC 2012

On Monday, October 01, 2012 6:08 PM  Mikel Maron
[mailto:mikel_maron at yahoo.com] wrote:

> But perhaps we should just accept the OSMF is what it is.
> Minimal organization to legally and technically hold OSM resources.

> And start another organization, with a real mandate to promote OSM.
> Maybe one among businesses, another governments. Just a thought.

For me the answer is quite simple:
- OSM is what the contributors make out of it, as it's a do-ocracy.
- OSMF is what the members and especially the elected board members make out
of it.

If you want something else feel free to do it. Others will join if they like
it.
Don't spend time in endless discussions. A proposal with arguments is
sufficient.

Willi