[Osmf-talk] Semi-formal: Proposing Welcome Working Group

Richard Weait richard at weait.com
Tue Oct 2 15:43:38 UTC 2012

Dear All,

Thank you for the interesting discussion around my suggestion for a
new Working Group.

In short, I'd like to know why some mappers contribute once and only
once, then never return?  And I'd like to know how to have more of
those "one-and-done" mappers turn into long-term productive mappers.

One correspondent observed that there is no formal process for
proposing / accepting / rejecting a new Working Group.  Since Andy was
kind enough to draft a process, I've added that draft proposal
proposal draft to the wiki.  Please improve it.

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Working_groups/Proposing_a_new_working_group

I've also attempted to follow those draft guidelines to propose the
"Welcome Working Group".  Please feel free to add yourself to the
"supporters" section, as any proposal should have a substantial
community behind it.

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User:Rw/Proposal:Welcome_Working_Group

Thank you for your support.

If you are uncomfortable with this proposal or any aspect of it,
please use the related talk-page to discuss your misgivings and offer
improvements.

Best regards,
Richard