[Osmf-talk] Board Elections / 1st Board Meeting

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Mon Sep 17 08:38:42 UTC 2012

Dear OSMF Members

I would like to thank everybody that voted for me in this years board
elections and hope I will be able to fulfil your expectations. We had
our first board meeting yesterday evening and the board was kind enough
to elect me as their Chairman. Minutes will be available soon.

Prior to the meeting we had already had some discussion on what role the
Chairman should have going forward and while there are some
representative and power aspects associated with the position, at least
my view is that it is mainly a mundane supportive role for the board.
If necessary I can put on my visionary hat, but I have no intention of
being Steve 2.0, that role rightly remaining with the original.

As you will see in the minutes, the position of Secretary has moved from
Henk Hoff to Frederik Ramm, I would like to thank Henk specially for all
the work he has done on the administrative side of the foundation over
the years.

Over the last months, if not years, we have had the licence change as
the dominating theme. Now, after a sigh of relief that we have at last
cleared that obstacle, I expect us to start looking forward and outward
and to try to better define and refine the role of the OSMF in the
larger OSM community.

Thank you

Simon