[Osmf-talk] Board Elections / 1st Board Meeting

Martijn van Exel m at rtijn.org
Mon Sep 17 13:58:33 UTC 2012

Simon,

Thanks for your update and congratulations on your election.
And also a heartfelt thanks to Henk for his years of service as the
secretary, often a thankless job (although that has been said of
serving on the board in general..).

Good luck with the board work and keep those updates coming to the list.

Best
Martijn

On Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 2:38 AM, Simon Poole <simon at poole.ch> wrote:

> Dear OSMF Members
>
> I would like to thank everybody that voted for me in this years board
> elections and hope I will be able to fulfil your expectations. We had our
> first board meeting yesterday evening and the board was kind enough to elect
> me as their Chairman. Minutes will be available soon.
>
> Prior to the meeting we had already had some discussion on what role the
> Chairman should have going forward and while there are some representative
> and power aspects associated with the position, at least my view is that it
> is mainly a mundane supportive role for the board.  If necessary I can put
> on my visionary hat, but I have no intention of being Steve 2.0, that role
> rightly remaining with the original.
>
> As you will see in the minutes, the position of Secretary has moved from
> Henk Hoff to Frederik Ramm, I would like to thank Henk specially for all the
> work he has done on the administrative side of the foundation over the
> years.
>
> Over the last months, if not years, we have had the licence change as the
> dominating theme. Now, after a sigh of relief that we have at last cleared
> that obstacle, I expect us to start looking forward and outward and to try
> to better define and refine the role of the OSMF in the larger OSM
> community.
>
> Thank you
>
> Simon

martijn van exel