[Osmf-talk] Proposal: Welcome Wagon Working Group

Ragnvald@mindland.com ragnvald at mindland.com
Sun Sep 23 17:52:58 UTC 2012

Made an initiative towards new mappers in the Arusha (Tanzania) region. Found the most active users and messaged them using the osm-messaging system. This is what I learnt:

* The messaging system is awkward for  sending messages to people not on your friends list
* Fantastic and reflected emails from the users and they seemed to like the initiative to dialogue
* Could set up an OSM forum under the Tanzania GIS User Group (www.tzgisug.org) but I'm not sure how to mandate this and if there are guidelines
* Clearly community interaction is the way to go, but how should it be initiated and to what ext should the foundation lead the way through policies and/or advice?

Cheers,

Ragnvald