[Osmf-talk] Proposal: Welcome Wagon Working Group

alterain at alterain.plus.com alterain at alterain.plus.com
Mon Sep 24 19:52:46 UTC 2012

Dear All

As a newish OSM contributor I have had little contact with the community and have had to learn to identify and correct almost all of my own mistakes such as the difference between fields and farmland, for example. I was very pleased when another OSM member David Groom contacted me to let me know I was drawing coastlines in the wrong direction, something I had not even thought about. Helpful and brief guidance material on preventing common mapping mistakes is something that i would have found very helpful in the first few weeks.

Duncan