[Osmf-talk] OSMF Articles of Association - Discussion on Revision for 2013 AGM

Clifford Snow clifford at snowandsnow.us
Fri Apr 5 14:57:33 UTC 2013

On Fri, Apr 5, 2013 at 6:34 AM, Frederik Ramm <frederik at remote.org> wrote:

> I am slightly uneasy about one point that is perhaps a bit too procedural
> for the AoA - but with all this voting and especially online voting, I
> would like the process to be designed in a way that is reasonably safe
> against tampering. "Reasonably safe", for me, means that at no point must
> there be a way for a single individual to tamper with the process
> undetected.

Online voting has been going on for some time with good results. For
example, proxyvote.com for corporate voting, has been in place for some
time. I think we should expect the Board to choose a suitable voting
software solution to handle the process. Of course, making sure that our
Membership list is current is a Board responsibility.

--
Clifford

OpenStreetMap: Maps with a human touch