[Osmf-talk] OSMF Articles of Association - Discussion on Revision for 2013 AGM

Fri Apr 19 10:01:51 UTC 2013

On 19/04/2013 10:50, Jaak Laineste (Nutiteq) wrote:
> Does Companies Act (or whatever was the law that requires publishing
> member list) really allow this? UK laws can be strange sometimes, but
> I'd be surprised it they't state something like that.

Right now, no, it doesn't. The Companies Act requires that member names
and addresses can be inspected at the company's registered office, which
in our case is Andy Robinson's house. That's the situation we're in at
present.

The question is whether, under revised Articles of Association,
'supporters' (rather than formal company members) should have their
names listed and inspectable.

As it happens, I'm working on a talk for SOTM 2013 about understanding
the OSM community. One of the metrics I want to look at is OSMF
membership, and how that correlates to mapping activity. I've therefore
made a request to OSMF for a copy of the member list. I'm actually going
up north in a few weeks anyway so I might drop in on the registered
office and take a look if it's not arrived by then... and buy the office
caretaker a pint, of course. ;)

Richard