[Osmf-talk] Financing the OSMF

Oleksiy Muzalyev oleksiy.muzalyev at bluewin.ch
Mon Aug 26 16:14:44 UTC 2013

Here is a very interesting radio-talk in French language about
competition at the "humanitarian market":

"Le CICR dans la concurrence humanitaire" (English: The ICRC,
International Committee of the Red Cross, in humanitarian competition):

http://www.rts.ch/la-1ere/programmes/hautes-frequences/4858204-hautes-frequences-du-12-05-2013.html

The term, which authors use, a "humanitarian market" seems to be too
much, but still marketing approaches are being used by organizations to
fund operations, as otherwise nothing could be done.

In addition to a logo and link at the Donation Recognition web-page a
great official Donation Acknowledgment Letter from the OSMF could be
mailed to a company-donor.

The letters should be printed professionally at a printing shop. So that
it looks great on an office wall in a frame.

There is the "Swiss OpenStreetMap Association" http://sosm.ch/ in
Switzerland. I am a member of this association. I would volunteer to
mail such Donation Acknowledgment Letters if the association gives me
such a task.

The "Swiss Post" http://www.poste.ch/en provides a receipt for any
service, the same about printing shops, so a proper accounting is not an
issue.

brgds
Oleksiy
http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/Alex-7