[Osmf-talk] Financing the OSMF

Christian Quest cquest at openstreetmap.fr
Tue Aug 27 08:22:13 UTC 2013

2013/8/27 Oliver Kühn <oliver.kuehn at skobbler.com>

>  Hi Jaak,
>
> the bank charges include currency exchange losses. This is not what we
> paid to the banks...

Well.. at the end, you indeed leave that money to the banks...

We (Paragliding World Cup again, sorry) also had to deal currency exchange
and it was way cheaper to have separate accounts for the main currencies
used. We had for example an EUR and USD account (in french bank, the
association is located in France).

We could also consider using in priority the currency that causes less
exchanges. I doubt GBP is the best one ;)

--
Christian Quest - OpenStreetMap France
Un nouveau serveur pour OSM... http://donate.osm.org/server2013/