[Osmf-talk] Financing the OSMF

Robert Kaiser KaiRo at KaiRo.at
Tue Aug 27 13:37:06 UTC 2013

Oleksiy Muzalyev schrieb:
> If a company makes such a substantial donation it should get something
> in return. A logo and an incoming link to a company's website on the
> "Donor Recognition" web-page a seems to be appropriate. It stays on this
> web-page for good.

If we go in that direction, I don't think any donation should result in
staying anywhere "for good". There could be an argument for a
"substantial donor history" where they stay listed, but being listed as
a current donor somewhere should always be time-limited or else after
10, 15 years or so the list would be too large that it would be
interesting for anyone to be added to it as nobody could spot them any
more. And there would be no incentive for anyone to "renew" a donation.

Robert Kaiser