[Osmf-talk] Financing the OSMF

Oleksiy Muzalyev oleksiy.muzalyev at bluewin.ch
Tue Aug 27 16:31:50 UTC 2013

Harry,

"OpenStreetMap" community is working in the  disaster recovery field the
same as, for instance, the CIRC http://www.cicr.org/

I do not compare "OSM" with "CIRC", which has got the budget of 1.2
billion and 12500 employees, let alone the UN agencies.

I meant a modest office building with a small conference hall for, say,
20 - 30 people.

These humanitarian organizations and agencies do use the OSM map. A
venue for closer personal  cooperation between organizations and
communities could be beneficial in my opinion.

Besides it would be the sign that the OSM is serious about the
humanitarian work.

brgds
Oleksiy
http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/Alex-7