[Osmf-talk] Financing the OSMF

Oleksiy Muzalyev oleksiy.muzalyev at bluewin.ch
Wed Aug 28 09:07:55 UTC 2013

OpenStreetMap is a success. It is growing, we see articles in the
international media about it. One cannot argue with success. Something
is being done right.

In my opinion it should keep doing what it's already doing. Just
improving on it all.

For me, as a rank and file map editor and user, it's OK if the "Knight
Foundation", which provided 575 thousand(!) USD, appears on the
well-designed "Partners & Donors" web-page, even with a small logo.

If de-facto humanitarian efforts work, it should be promoted further.

The OSMF membership could be also promoted by studding best practices of
other foundations.

Success doesn't happen often. It makes sense to keep amplifying it
carefully.

brgds
Oleksiy
(Alex-7)