[Osmf-talk] Notes & Bing Imagery

Oleksiy Muzalyev oleksiy.muzalyev at bluewin.ch
Wed Dec 4 15:39:40 UTC 2013

I re-read the article by Steve Coast from November 11, 2013

Making your own aerial imagery
http://stevecoast.com/2013/11/11/making-your-own-aerial-imagery/

Steve Coast writes: "What would be wonderful is; I point my iPhone
outside the plane and take pictures. The phone knows its position and
altitude and its roll, pitch and yaw. This gives us a good start on the
image location. Mix in some topology and make the images overlapping…
and we go a long way to making this a simple anyone-can-do-it process.
The phone has a radio in it and a decent processor, it can do some work
by itself or just upload it to a service which does a lot of this
automatically."

Come to think of it, the eBee and similar upcoming drones are the flying
iPhones. The weight (much less than 1 kg), the functionality, GPS,
camera, etc. are of an iPhone.

Speaking figuratively, iPhones are starting to fly by themselves.

brgds
O.M. (Alex-7)