[Osmf-talk] Losing faith

Steve Coast steve at asklater.com
Tue Jan 15 15:23:57 UTC 2013

On Jan 15, 2013, at 7:04 AM, Richard Fairhurst <richard at systemeD.net> wrote:

> The tweet in question, which Iván referred to earlier, made us (CWG) aware that we didn't know who had access to the Twitter account, nor any control over what they were posting. Consequently we changed the legacy password and decided to review how we managed it.

In the three months since you took control what have you done to gain on any metric of engagement?

The numbers for the other two crowd sourced maps of the world:

@waze 79,583 followers, 246,238 tweets
@googlemaps 327,722 followers, 1,806 tweets

Are between seven and twenty times better than our numbers.

@openstreetmap 13,108 followers, 980 tweets

If we assume that somehow our quality is better than their quantity, how do you measure that and what is the plan for improving it?

> Keeping access within CWG, but being open to suggestions is the simple, manageable solution we have arrived at for now. We did consider using a multi-contributor system like HootSuite but don't believe we currently have the resources to justify it.

Another solution would be to let people who already had access tweet.

Steve