[Osmf-talk] Losing faith

Tue Jan 15 15:49:30 UTC 2013

On 15/01/2013 15:23, Steve Coast wrote:
> The numbers for the other two crowd sourced maps of the world:
>
> @waze 79,583 followers, 246,238 tweets @googlemaps 327,722 followers,
> 1,806 tweets
>
> Are between seven and twenty times better than our numbers.
>
> @openstreetmap 13,108 followers, 980 tweets
>
> If we assume that somehow our quality is better than their quantity,
> how do you measure that and what is the plan for improving it?

CWG (thanks to Jonathan Bennett, and to Tom Hughes for doing the
installation work) monitors our followers with a particular piece of
software. Since December 2011, when CWG has been working on the Twitter
account, our followers have nearly doubled, from 7,182 to 13,004. Thus
far this year we've tweeted once every 1.66 days, slightly below the
number of @googlemaps' public tweets, and precisely 100% above (more
relevantly) @googlemapmaker's tweets. :)

Richard