[Osmf-talk] Losing faith

David Earl david at frankieandshadow.com
Tue Jan 15 16:01:25 UTC 2013

On 15/01/2013 15:23, Steve Coast wrote:
> The numbers for the other two crowd sourced maps of the world:
>
> @waze 79,583 followers, 246,238 tweets @googlemaps 327,722 followers,
> 1,806 tweets
>
> Are between seven and twenty times better than our numbers.
>
> @openstreetmap 13,108 followers, 980 tweets

Possibly worth mentioning that I set up @osmblogs as a RSS to Twitter
bridge for the osmblogs feed (mainly so I could see this on Flipboad on
iPad) which means that diary entries and blogs of interest to OSM get
tweeted automatically. While it only has 233 followers because it isn't
widely publicised (just mentioned in the wiki, and no doubt the
occasional search on twitter finds it), it has nearly 5,500 tweets.

David