[Osmf-talk] Losing faith

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Tue Jan 15 21:30:35 UTC 2013

Hi,

    couple of short points, since you seem to be able to fight pretty
well without me:

1. I think letting CWG manage their own affairs is the right thing to
do. Delegation is hard (I hear CWG wants to put "social network" buttons
on the front page...) but necessary.

2. I'm not on CWG but I think that their decision to not let anybody
have the twitter password but themselves makes a lot of sense. I don't
think impulsiveness behooves a widely-read "official" account like
@openstreetmap, and I don't think any single individual should be
posting from @openstreetmap without discussing with someone else first.

3. The posting frequency on @openstreetmap is just right for someone to
follow it; you don't want to read every answer to an OSM related
question somewhere in the twitterverse when you follow @openstreetmap.

4. I'm very sad to see Richard throw in the towel; I felt the same when
Emilie resigned in 2011, and I think it is mostly due to both being at
the receiving end of what I would call bullying. I don't yet know how to
achieve that but it is pretty clear to me that OSMF won't go anywhere if
we don't manage to get rid of that problem.

Bye
Frederik