[Osmf-talk] OSM Foundation sign-up at SotM 2013

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Mon Jul 1 07:14:14 UTC 2013

AFAIK the membership administration is rather low tech and I can't see a
reason why it wouldn't be possible to sign up with a paper form at SOTM.
However please note that we will have a AoA revision on the AGM agenda
that will include:

* new membership classes (sign up in to these will not be possible
before the AGM)
* a 30 day minimum membership term before voting rights are available to
the member

Both making a mass sign up prior to the AGM rather not such a good idea.

As to membership fee discounts: at last years F2F board meeting it was
clear that medium term we would need to work on making it easier
(financially) to join the OSMF and I suspect that when we have the AoA
cleaned up and new membership classes available this will be one of the
things we will attack.

Simon