[Osmf-talk] OSMF Articles of Association - Discussion on Revision for 2013 AGM

Simon Poole simon at osmfoundation.org
Wed Mar 6 21:21:57 UTC 2013

Am 06.03.2013 21:38, schrieb Mikel Maron:
> Thanks for this Simon, needed and due.
It is one of a handful of things that just simply have to be completed
and not left to fester any longer.

> Are you proposing that discussion take place here on osmf-talk@?

Here or I prepared a normal wiki page in case somebody would rather
discuss there. But given that this lists addresses the people that are
affected by the change and will either pass or throw the new AoA out, I
think that here is really the best place.

> If we start with items 1-3, I myself really don't see any issue with
> what's been proposed.

I'm slightly concerned that the nit-picking will start in earnest when
we have the actually legal text and for example we have to choose a name
for the new member class ....

> How long do we stay with 1-3 before moving on? I think the ones coming
> towards the end are when things get more complicated, more discussion.
> Maybe a good idea to start with the easy ones, as you've done here ;)

If there is no serious objections, I would say maximum a week, we may
want to do a straw poll after a couple of days before we move on. In
general if there is no contention we are not going to waste time on the
items.

Simon