[Osmf-talk] How to vote to match your view

Henk Hoff toffehoff at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 11:40:36 UTC 2014

We can go into a yes-i-do, no-you-don't debate, but that doesn't bring us
any further.

I did a proposal during the last board to come with a more balanced proposal
with proper consultation with the whole membership and proper consultation
with legal counsel.
http://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Board_Meeting_Minutes_2014-11-20

Simon (when he still was on the board) started a discussion on this
mailinglist on what changes we need in the AoA:
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/osmf-talk/2014-July/002439.html
In that whole discussion the idea of term limits were never mentioned.
Hence, there was no proposal from the board. Also, Simons proposal never was
introduced to the board when he was still on the board. So, it's not that
there has been a debate for many years about term limits.

The current proposal has been written during a time of a heated debate. That
is never a good moment to draft well balanced changes.

You may expect from the board to come with well thought proposals. Those
things takes time. The Board could simply not come up with an alternative
resolution in just a couple of weeks.

Like I said, there are many ways how to introduce term limits. I all depends
on what problem you want to solve.

Henk