[Osmf-talk] Upcoming Special General Meeting Opinions?

Derick Rethans osm at derickrethans.nl
Tue Dec 2 10:29:47 UTC 2014

On Mon, 1 Dec 2014, Kate Chapman wrote:

> > 2. governance issues
>
> The very core of the governance issues to me is what don't have a
> vision or strategy. We don't really have a way to get to a point where
> we have a vision or strategy. I do feel like we are being reactionary
> right now. There are other ways to approach things. Though key to that
> is getting ourselves out of the board conflict. I think an in person
> board meeting and a chance to act as a new board is a good step
> forward for this.

May I perhaps suggest that you put exactly one thing on the agenda for
that face-to-face meeting then: Create this vision or strategy.

I realize that that means compromises are necessary, but once you have
hammered out, you should all work together towards that
strategy for this board period — no matter whether you all fully agree
with the common vision/strategy.

cheers,
Derick