[Osmf-talk] Please Vote at the General Meeting this Weekend

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Wed Dec 3 15:48:49 UTC 2014

On 3. Dezember 2014 15:14:34 MEZ, Johan & Marguerite <textline at gmail.com> wrote:

>Dear Simon, in your position as chairman of OSMF you have been
>preparing
>the AoA changes for the GM in Birmingham 2013 and Buenos Aires 2014.
>That
>means you have had two years in a (as I see it) relaxed atmosphere to
>implement term limits. In September 2013 this was the list of issues in
>the
>AoA:
>http://www.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Issues_with_the_current_Articles. No
>sign of term limits there.

The two revisions of the AoA were limited in scope to fixing the legal and regulatory issues that had not been addressed since 2007 and a very small number of other issues that had been on the table for just as long (reduced membership fees and remote participation). As such these changes were not controversial, however previous boards had shown themselves incapable of addressing the issues.

>What is exactly your motivation behind passing these three resolutions
>now?

I have stated this multiple times before, but one more time: the issue of limiting the terms and a potential complete replacement of the board was raised by numerous OSMF members here in discussion  (not by me). I have brought the issue forward so that the membership  can actually have a say in the matter.

Obviously I support the proposed resolutions as presented, they provide a reasonably balanced solution to the issue.

Simon

--
Diese Nachricht wurde von meinem Android-Mobiltelefon mit Kaiten Mail gesendet.