[Osmf-talk] Another consideration about the current voting

Oleksiy Muzalyev oleksiy.muzalyev at bluewin.ch
Fri Dec 5 07:40:26 UTC 2014

Hi Frank,

Actually it is a grand idea from the 17th and 18th century. Such
thinkers as John Locke, John Adams, Adam Smith, etc. were trying to
conceive a system which does not depend on human personalities.

For example, John Adams wrote, "/There is danger //from
//all//**//men//. The only maxim of a free government ought to be to
trust //no man living//with power to endanger the public liberty./" This
thought is repeated again and again; John Locke, "/All men//are liable
to error; and most men are, in many points, by passion or interest,
under temptation to it./"

I would not claim that they succeeded in developing such a system, they
had limited technology at that time, but the idea is interesting.
Besides, the latest scientific discoveries indicate disturbingly that
man not even evolved from apes as the highest form of life, but it is
just another species among others. I mean, perhaps, indeed it makes
sense /"to trust //no man living"/ as a principle and try instead to
develop transparent systems./
/

Best regards,
Oleksiy