[Osmf-talk] Balance of power (was: Re: How to vote to match your view)

Mark Iliffe mark at markiliffe.co.uk
Fri Dec 5 18:28:44 UTC 2014

Has the world gone mad?

I will never vote for anything within the OSMF phrased in those terms. We should be voting for the betterment of our project not personal removal. The board members below have been democratically voted into their positions using a valid process. If they chose to run again and are democratically voted in does that not reflect the wants of the foundation? How does proposing an arbitrary limit on board membership aid the project? We are not a country, in charge of a multimillion dollar budget, but a loose collection of friends united in the common interest of making the world’s best open and free map.

Why can’t we all just do that?

Right now this list is arguing over people not big ideas that will change our world. We can do better.

If we wish to change the process we should be setting out the how and why, not specifically calling people out. Politics is for politicians, let’s just leave it to them.

Best,

Mark