[Osmf-talk] Thanks for making the effort

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Sat Dec 13 18:44:18 UTC 2014

Am 13.12.2014 18:49, schrieb Jonathan Harley:

> I think what the EGM does make clear is that proposals that are put in
> front of the membership fully-formed, bypassing the consensus-building
> process, are doomed to failure. This EGM felt rushed. There was no
> debate about the relative merits of longer or shorter term limits. No
> options were offered and nobody bothered to run a straw poll to find
> out what people on the mailing list thought about them. In short,
> there was no real attempt to home in on a consensus about the
> proposals, before calling an EGM to vote on them.

Sorry, but there was long and intensive discussion on the specific topic
prior to the resolutions being proposed, likely more than any other
issue that has been put to a membership vote in modern OSMF times.
Naturally the issue was controversial, but I think it is fair to say
that would have only been avoidable if the resolution had contained a
clause that it would not apply to any past, current and future board
member.

Simon