[Osmf-talk] DWG activity report Jul-Dec 2013

Paul Norman penorman at mac.com
Sat Feb 22 20:00:26 UTC 2014

> From: Steve Coast [mailto:steve at asklater.com]
> Subject: Re: [Osmf-talk] DWG activity report Jul-Dec 2013
>
> What was the story behind the dmca complaint?

The DMCA form was filled out approximately 100-300 times in that period.
The vast majority were spam, and that's why I don't have accurate numbers,
since I deleted much of the spam.

Approximately 10 submissions were users asking questions or pointing out
errors and not related to any complaints of a legal nature. These users
were forwarded to more appropriate channels.

The one complaint in the report was from a US user upset that a service
road on their property appeared on a map based on OSM data. Upon
investigation, the road was in the third party rendering but not present
in OSM data, and they were referred to the third party provider.

Paul Norman

For the Data Working Group