[Osmf-talk] Moderator statement: please read before posting

Michael Collinson mike at ayeltd.biz
Sun Nov 2 14:51:56 UTC 2014

Hi Robert,

I have taken my own advice and waited before answering ... which would
have been a short, partly irritable note on using common sense. Instead
I have thought about what you and others said and I hope I have put my
position much better in a similar statement to the main talk list ...
again reluctantly after a number of off-list requests.

https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk/2014-November/071351.html

I would also like to highlight to everyone that over the last two weeks,
I have got a number of automated osmf-talk unsubscription notices.  Ten
or may be much more, I failed to count.   I asked Henk if these were
lapsed members and he said no, his removals do not trigger such
messages.  I have also had two people asking me to unsubscribe them.  So
these are paid-up members leaving the list. Sadly, this is generally a
one-way ticket and our loss. Enough said?

Mike
With Moderator hat on