[Osmf-talk] OSMF (Special) Resolutions - Background

Ed Loach edloach at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 11:05:48 UTC 2014

Frederik wrote:

> The first special resolution...
>
> > That the articles of association of the Company shall be modified
> by
> > deleting from article 85 the sentence “The provisions of sections
> 283
> > and 284 of the Act shall apply and be observed.”
>
> ... simply removes an erroneous reference from the AoA that was
> the
> likely result of a copy and paste error. The sentence never made any
> sense. Our legal counsel has recommended that we simply drop it.

The section numbers relate to the 1985 Companies Act rather than the 2006 one, and sections 283 and 284 in the 2006 Act are irrelevant to the Secretary, so dropping them from article 85 makes sense.

Thanks for the summary - I'd just spent some time looking up the articles and the companies act(s) to work out what the motions were about, and was thinking of posting something similar to save others some time.

Ed