[Osmf-talk] OSMF Members Request for a General Meeting

Paul Norman penorman at mac.com
Sun Nov 9 20:15:01 UTC 2014

On 11/9/2014 12:05 PM, Richard Weait wrote:
> Is there any loss of status to the notice for waiting?  Would the
> requirement for 5% move between now and sending the notice, if
> membership were to rise in the interim?
Theoretically yes - it needs to be 5% of the membership at the time. But
assuming all 33 signatures are valid, 33/5% is 660, well over the number
of Members, and also over the number of Members + associate members.
People could also retract their signature I suppose, but more could sign.

I support waiting 2-3 weeks so that the voting period can start in the
new year, after holidays.

My thoughts on timeline would be to submit it in December, then notice
could be given in December for a meeting to take place mid-January, and
voting could start after the new year.